Subscribe to the Cavalier Daily

OPINION

Freedom to err

University policies violate students

Earlier this month,

Published November 4, 2009 in Opinion

Commentary

Add your $0.02, go to the comment form or follow the comment feed

Cynthia Bell
(01/01/70 12:00am)
Report
Comment

Kudos to Ginny for such a well-written piece! We need more students on college campuses nationwide writing and fighting for First Amendment rights.

Kirby Thomas
(01/01/70 12:00am)
Report
Comment

Kudos to Ginny on a great piece! College students should be afforded every liberty guaranteed in the US Constitution. Only then can colleges be the marketplaces of ideas that they should be. The University of Virginia should hold to the vision of its great founder and defend all liberties.

Joseph H Quintano, Ed.D. U.VA. 64 and 74
(01/01/70 12:00am)
Report
Comment

now that is the kind of journalistic research and logic that stands out in the CD and I only wish there were more such hacks writing and researching and investigative reporting on the grounds. Free speech is free speech under the law period. It reminds me of the comments enlisted from a reporter of the Jewish faith that asked off the record and informally so she thought what the solution to the Palastine problem was and she said exactly what she thought about it to answer his question. Then the media howls about her answer and stirs up all kinds of hatefull reactions totally disreguarding her so called free speech rights under the law. Hey folks you may not like what someone has to say when asked about something but hive the decency to respect their free speech rights to say what they believe even if you do not agree with their response.