A&E

Faculty facts: LaVahn Hoh

Everyone knows Professors Sabato and Elzinga, but not many students know the name Hoh. Prof. LaVahn Hoh just happens to be one of the premier historians of the circus world, with more than 40 years' experience researching and working in the field. Having served as the archivist for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College, Hoh has been featured in several productions in film and television, including several Arts and Entertainment Network productions concerning the Circus in America, Dare Devils and The Flying Wallendas. He has also been featured in publications such as People and USA Today and has co-authored a book, Step Right Up!: The Adventure of Circus in America. Despite his national fame, Hoh has never stopped caring about his local community. In 2009, Hoh received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Virginia Theatre Association. This award reflects Hoh's involvement with the VTA since 1969 and his unparalleled involvement in drama, especially at the high school and other amateur levels. Watch out for his popular course on "Circus in America" in the spring

Published September 26, 2011 in tableau

• Sabrina No Source said:

Jackie lied about the rape to make Randall jealous. Why are editors of the student newspaper at Jefferson's university so afraid of the truth?
    on Students produce video thanking Jackie

• James Roberts said:

Falsely accusing others of assault is a crime. The fallout from this is going to keep raining down on Jackie and UVa for years. Cavalier Daily has not ...

• Carrie Clarke said:

Publishing this in the school newspaper is extremely callous and insulting to all of the other UVa students and faculty (Dean Eramo) who have been harmed ...

• CrazyD said:

The Washington Post has a bombshell today where it was revealed that Jackie made up the UVA Junior in order to get "Randall" jealous and interested in ...

• HallieJane said:

Dear Cavalier Daily: Where on God's green earth have you been. No one was in a better position to discover Jackie was lying - Was there a party that ...

Commentary

Add your $0.02, go to the comment form or follow the comment feed