A sure smash: Super Mash Bros

Super Mash Bros. only do one thing - they make mash-ups. But what they do, they do phenomenally. Arguably the best mash-up artist out there (sorry Girl Talk), Super Mash Bros. have churned out consistently stellar mixtapes since 2008, and their newest project, Mile(y) High Club, stands out as their greatest achievement yet. Mixing hundreds of songs into just sixteens tracks, this latest project combines humorous clips and expertly mixed music into a sublime synchronicity of sound.

Super Mash Bros. know how to tell a joke. Even without ever speaking on any of their albums, they are masters of wordplay. Even the group's name is a clever spin on the world-famous N64 game Super Smash Bros.

Mile(y) High Club is loaded with humorous contrasts, where clips play off of each other to add another dynamic layer to the already enjoyable music. One song, for instance, begins with a clip of Buzz Lightyear stating, "There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere," only to immediately transition into Ke$ha's "We R Who We R." But the clip of a child saying "But dad, this is the best part" preceding a mix of Lady Gaga's "Telephone" with Ratatat's "Wildcat" was perhaps the highlight of the album. Super Mash Bros. rock both the beat and the funny bone.

Every track on the almost hour-long mixtape is brimming with brilliantly matched clips, and the project's incredible cohesion represents no easy feat. To create its mash-ups, the group has to choose the parts of songs it wants to use, make sure the samples are synced correctly to reflect tempo and pacing, and create a flow between those mixed clips so the changes sound not only natural, but enjoyable as well. On Mile(y) High Club, you can go from RENT and Micky Avalon to Lupe Fiasco and the Rugrats theme song, without the slightest sense of discord.

Furthermore, every track has a unique personality which reflects the sampled songs. Super Mash Bros. fuse virtually every genre of music imaginable into one non-stop hour of enjoyable hits. From relaxing tracks which set an easygoing mood for small gatherings, to fast-paced, bass-thumping hits perfect for a rave, Super Mash Bros.' Mile(y) High Club offers all the party music anyone could ever want.

There simply is no reason to exclude Mile(y) High Club from your party music library, especially since the mixtape is free. Yeah, that's right. Free. Super Mash Bros.' three officially released mixtapes can all be downloaded gratis from the group's official website. So if mash-ups are foreign to you, I highly recommend you check out this album, as well as Super Mash Bros.' earlier mixtapes, All About the Scrillions and F**k B****es, Get Euros. In the world of mash-ups, this group can do no wrong.