Jan 22, 2017

NEWS

StudCo plans professional studies panel

Graduate Affairs Committee will lead cross-disciplinary discussion next Tuesday

nsstudcodharding

The Student Council Graduate Affairs Committee is planning to hold a panel for undergraduate students interested in professional studies at the University next Tuesday, the Committee announced at last nights’ Student Council representative body meeting.

The event will be split into two parts: a formal discussion on how to prepare and apply to graduate programs and a more informal question-and-answer session.

Janelle Peifer, chair of the Graduate Affairs Committee, said she hopes the panel will help foster connections between undergraduates and graduates.

“This panel is to act as a bridge for graduate and undergraduate students to connect on a formal and informal level,” she said. “The resources to learn about graduate programs here at the University are out there, but not being utilized, and this is a way that we can make use of them.”

Representatives from the Darden School, the Education School, the Law School, the Medical School and the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences will take part in the panel.

Published October 22, 2013 in Grounds, FP test, News