Banner

Griggs, Dhaliwal contest Fourth-Year VP spot

Addressing Rotunda construction serves as focal point for both campaigns

“I’d rather eat my left foot than have us graduate not on the Lawn.” – Fourth Year Trustees VP candidate Kieran Dhaliwal

The Fourth-Year Trustees vice president race features College students Kieran Dhaliwal and Blake Griggs.

Griggs, the current vice president of Third-Year Class Council, is hoping to keep his position. Dhaliwal, meanwhile, has been a part of Council since her first year and attributes most of her proudest undergraduate accomplishments to Council.

Both candidates said the Rotunda construction will be a major point of interest and concern for their class in the upcoming year.

“I’d rather eat my left foot than have us graduate not on the Lawn,” Dhaliwal said.

Both Dhaliwal and Griggs hope to be able to reach out to more of the class through better communication and taking into consideration the students’ ideas and concerns. This, they both said, will help maximize the enjoyment of their fourth year.

Additionally, both candidates addressed the need to recruit enthusiastic members of the Fourth-Year Trustees — not only students of the University, but as members of the Class of 2015.

Griggs said Trustees “have to be able to represent a part of the school,” citing problems and conflicts a lack of diversity on Trustees could entail.

Published February 20, 2014 in FP test, News

Subscribe to our email edition

Get The Cavalier Daily delivered to your inbox every morning.

Subscribe now!

Popular

Calendar:

• No events for today

• No events for tomorrow

• No events for Tue