Men's and women's track place sixth, 10th at ACC Indoor Championship

Lavender sprints her way to the women's MVP

Virginia track and field competed at the ACC Indoor Track and Field Championship this weekend in Clemson, S.C., where both the men’s and women’s teams put forth a middling effort. The men placed sixth and the women tied for 10th.

Junior Jordan Lavender was the undisputed star of the show. Lavender ran a 52.75 in the 400 meter to claim the ACC title, and was also the runner up in the 200 meter dash with a time of 23.96. Her efforts earned her Women’s Track MVP.

Senior Thomas Porter was seventh in the men’s 5000 meter run with a time of 14:12.34. While freshman Connor Rog ran the second fastest time by a freshman in school history, meanwhile, he remained one spot shy of scoring.

In the women’s 5000 meter, freshman Maria Hauger ran a 16:22.07 — good for sixth. Hauger was less than half a second from breaking the freshman record.

A duo of Cavaliers received All-ACC honors in the triple jump. Freshman Aaron Worrell broke his own freshman record with a leap of 51’3.75” and finished second, while junior Ryan Satchell was right behind him in third place.

Porter and sophomore Zach Herriott both scored in the 3000 meter. Porter was third, at 8:18.00, and Herriott finished seventh.

Junior Drequan Hoskey ran the second fastest time in program history in the 60 meter hurdles. The junior — who also plays cornerback for Virginia — earned All-ACC honors with his second place finish.

Virginia is inactive for two weeks before heading to Albuquerque, N.M. for the Indoor National Championships.