​By the numbers

The managing board highlights notable figures from the start of the fall semester

3,690 – Number of students in the University’s class of 2018

42.5 million — Cost, in dollars, of the second phase of Rotunda renovations

20 — Number of years for which the University renewed its dining contract with Aramark

70 million — Amount of money in the escrow fund that Aramark will invest in the University, as per the above contract

1 — Number of years Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity will be on probation, pending full reinstatement to the University

120 — Number of bikes that will be available in the University’s new bike share program

93,024 — Student Council’s approved budget for the 2014-15 year, in dollars

3 million — Approximate number of books in Alderman Library

4.7 million — Number of electronic resources used in the University libraries the last fiscal year

11 — Number of counts on which former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell was found guilty

23 — The University’s rank on US News and World Report’s list of the nation’s best universities

12 — Percentage of University students qualifying for Pell grants in 2012-2014, according to the New York Times list of the most economically diverse top colleges

9 — Number of points scored by junior place kicker Ian Frye in Virginia’s 23-21 victory against Louisville on Saturday

3 – Number of steps in the University’s new sexual assault prevention process, “Not Alone”

90 million — Amount of funding, in dollars, that higher education in Virginia will lose because of state budget cuts

6 — Number of days Hannah Graham has been missing, as of Friday morning

100 + — number of tips the police have received so far in the search for Hannah Graham