​By the numbers

As March comes to an end, the Managing Board recounts some notable numbers

3.9: Percent by which the Board of Visitors voted to raise tuition for all students Tuesday.

1,000: Number of dollars the Board of Visitors voted to add to tuition for in-state students entering the University for Fall 2015.

13.4: Percent by which the Board of Visitors voted to raise tuition for the incoming Class of 2019.

93: Percent by which the demand for counseling through Counseling and Psychological Services has increased since 2003.

1,300: Number of students who said they would have dropped out of school had it not been for CAPS.

3: Number of Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control officers who held Martese Johnson to the ground while arresting him.

10: Number of stitches Martese’s head injury required after his arrest.

2: Number of misdemeanors Martese was charged with, including obstructing justice without threat of force.

3: Number of times legislation to remove law enforcement powers from the ABC has been proposed to the Virginia state Senate in the last three years.

16: Number of votes by which the Student Council unanimously passed a resolution to remove law enforcement power from the ABC.

28: Number of years since “An Audacious Faith,” a report on the state of the black community at U.Va., was produced.

10: Number of years since “An Audacious Faith II,” a follow-up report on the state of the black community at U.VA., was produced.

30: Number of minutes the Board of Visitors allotted to its meeting with the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.

Negligible: Number of minority faculty members.