Keeping up with Kardashian antics

A&E recaps season 10 of the Kardashians, predicts drama

The Kardashians returned to the E! network this past March and have proven to be as engaging as ever to “keep up with.” This season, viewers get an uncomfortably close peek into the lives of these women for the 10th time.

Queen Bee Kim aims to conceive Kanye West’s second child, a not-so-easy task involving scheduled intercourse, numerous doctors’ visits and emergency surgery. The 34-year-old reality star’s unapologetic openness provides kindling for plots to arise and elicits compassion from viewers since her mood is negative more often than not due to her reproductive stall.

Wherever Kim is, doting mother Kris Jenner is almost always just around the corner. The mother and daughter remain housemates this season, although this seems slightly fabricated. Why would Kim want to live with Kanye and their child in her mother’s house other than to cause unrealistic points of conflict to pop up on the show?

As opposed to last season, most of Kris’ camera time has focused mainly on her attempt to manage the professional lives of all six of her famous children, a near-impossible feat that delivers entertaining drama. Jenner’s three less-famous daughters, Kourtney, Khloe and Kendall, concurrently receive less professional attention which leads to tension but delivers much more engaging television this season than the matriarch herself does.

Noticeably absent from season 10 so far are Olympic champion Bruce Jenner and daughter Kiley. The former was recently confirmed to appear as a transgender woman for the first time April 24 with Diane Sawyer on a special edition of “20/20.” Perhaps the matter is too touchy for the gold medalist to dissect upon the polarizing stage that is “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” a novel idea among these famous folk.

“Keeping Up with the Kardashians” airs on Sundays on the E! network.