Bread products recalled in Virginia, 10 other states

Reports of glass found, no injuries reported

Bread products were on Wednesday recalled in 11 states including Virginia.

Bimbo Bakeries, the maker of Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest and other major name-brand baked goods, removed about 48,000 bread products following three consumer reports of glass fragments.

The glass fragments in bread loaves are from a broken light bulb in one of the bakeries, according to a press release.

Bimbo Bakeries spokesperson Shane Sumrow said the company is still looking into how and why this mishap occurred, as well as future safety precautions to prevent future recalls.

“To date we have had a total of three consumer reports of small pieces of glass on the outside of the bread,” Sumrow said. “This case is still being investigated.”

The bread recalled has “best by” dates of Aug. 29 to Sept. 1 and has a bakery code of 1658 on the packaging. Customers will receive a full refund for any products with applicable dates and product codes.

The recall includes seven Sara Lee products, two Nature’s Harvest products, two Great Value Products, one Kroger product and one L’Oven product.

Bimbo Bakeries makes products for 24 brands and owns over 60 bakeries. There have been no reports of injuries.