Join us at Birdwood Golf Course

Located just minutes from Grounds

<p></p>

It’s Fall, and that means back to class. Between lectures, homework, social events, and that position at your CIO you now realize it will be way more work than you thought, so sometimes you just need to get off grounds and escape to The University’s Birdwood Golf Course.  

Set on 500 acres at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and just down the road from Jefferson’s Rotunda, Birdwood is a golf course rich in history and the natural beauty of Charlottesville. Its verdant hills were part of a 1739 "upland wilderness" land patent, one of the earliest in the colony, and once you see the course, you’ll understand why.

Whether you’re an experienced golfer that played before arriving on Grounds or you are looking to explore a new hobby, or want to take in the scenic views of Charlottesville without setting foot on the highway, Birdwood Golf Course is truly worth a round and a toast to Mr. Jefferson.  Preferred Annual and Semester Memberships for UVa students are available all year round!

For avid golfers, membership is an affordable alternative to daily green fees. Memberships are available to University of Virginia students, faculty, staff and lifetime alumni, members of Boar's Head Sports Club, as well as the general public, so bring your friends!

In addition to avoiding daily green fees, all Birdwood members receive no initiation fees, a 10% discount at our golf pro shop, priority tee time access, discounted rates on golf lessons, the ability to purchase a "Driving Range Plan" with added value, special rates at other local courses, and much, much more! To learn more about the Birdwood Membership, click here to fill out the Membership Information Request form.

Already a graduate? If you are a lifetime member of UVa’s alumni, now’s a perfect time to take advantage of the year-round activities and exclusive benefits that a Birdwood Golf membership offer. Our first-class facilities and family-friendly environment make Boar's Head a great fit for you and your family. UVa Lifetime Alumni receive 15% off a family membership to Birdwood Golf Course.  Call Craig Volentine at 434.972.6082.

For information about student semester passes, you can fill out a membership information request online or call 434.293.GOLF.

U.Va. Faculty/Staff/Lifetime Alumni                    Students/Juniors                         
Monday - Thursday: $39 Monday - Thursday: $25
Friday - Sunday: $50 Friday - Sunday: $40
Afternoon (2:30 p.m.): $30 Afternoon (2:30 p.m.): $25

Craig Volentine, PGA | Head Golf Professional | craig_volentine@boarsheadinn.com

Martin Winters, PGA | Col '95 (WaHooWa!) | Director of Golf | martin_winters@boarsheadinn.com