​Panic! At The Disco’s new beginning

Frontman Brendon Urie announces upcoming album release

Panic! At The Disco recently announced their fifth studio album, “Death of a Bachelor,” via Instagram. The LP will arrive on January 15th. Frontman Brendon Urie took to the band’s social network account to detail the making of the upcoming album, stating in a quite personal and emotional message, “When I was a little kid and I heard a song I liked on TV, I would jump up and run to the piano and try to figure it out by ear.” He adds, “It’s a beginning to a new era. And an homage to how it all began.”

The group also released a video for their new single, “Emperor’s New Clothes,” that clearly foreshadows a new sound and interest experimentation through unique electronics and dark and maniacal verses — perfect elements for a song released just days before Halloween. Directed by Daniel “Cloud” Campos, the video is a continuation of the “This Is Gospel” video released in 2013 and shows Urie’s transformation into a horned creature while surrounded by skeletal remains. This twisted type of theatrics is different from Panic!’s usual content, and it has sparked excitement as well as drawn in a new crowd of fans. It has also stirred up controversy due to the video’s depiction of Heaven and Hell.

The song begins with Urie singing, “Welcome to the end of eras,” incorporating the theme of change and new beginnings. It is safe to say that the upcoming album is on the track of being one of Panic!’s best musical creations to date. This may be due to the fact that Urie is solely in charge of the creative content after the exit of drummer Spencer Smith. Sadly, fans must wait another few months before the much anticipated album is released.