Strange holiday songs to mix-up your playlist

They may be weird, but that’s not always a bad thing

<p>Listen to&nbsp;A&E's weekly playlist.</p>

Listen to A&E's weekly playlist.

Everybody has heard the holiday classics that fill the radio waves from November to December. Instead of hearing the same old tunes over and over, shake up your playlist with these unique, unusual and outright weird holiday selections.

1. “Fool’s Holiday” by All Time Low

Apparently there is a demand for punk Christmas songs somewhere, and All Time Low delivers. Off the album “Punk Goes Christmas,” the song sounds like it would be on a teenage angst playlist, but instead it’s a Christmas song.

2. “Minnie and Santa” by Cyndi Lauper

Minnie did what with Santa?!

3. “Run Rudolph Run” by Lemmy / Billy F. Gibbons / Dave Grohl

This song comes off the rocking Christmas album “We Wish You a Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year!” It is sure to spice up any playlist of Mariah Carey holiday songs with four minutes of uncontrollable Christmas chaos.

4. “Xmas at Kmart” by Root Boy Slim

A Christmas dream come true. What could be better?

5. “Sleigh Ride” by C-3PO and R2-D2

No Christmas song could fit along better with the most anticipated movie of the holiday season than a song by its two droid superstars. C-3PO and R2-D2 spread the Christmas cheer in this song from 1980.

6. “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” by Gayla Peevey

This 10-year-old girl wanted a hippopotamus for Christmas, and actually got one through a bunch of fundraising after the release of this song! Filled with thought-provoking and introspective lines such as “I only like hippopotamus and hippopotamuses like me too,” this song is an instant Christmas hit.

7. “The Hanukkah Song” by Adam Sandler

A little bit of Adam Sandler being Adam Sandler and making a strange holiday hit along the way.

8. “Santa Claus Goes Straight to the Ghetto” by Nate Dogg and Snoop Dogg

This is not your grandmother’s Christmas song.

9. “Penguin, James Penguin” by Brad Paisley

“Like a well dressed duck in a three piece tux,” Santa’s secret agent penguin is introduced to the world for the first time by Brad Paisley. “Penguin, James Penguin” provides a unique take on the jolly old man’s top-secret North Pole operations.

10. “Sexy Santa” by Steel Panther

No more milk and cookies for Santa — “He’s on a low-carb diet and he’s looking great.”