​Kid Cudi releases single reminiscent of “Man on the Moon”

“All In” returns to rapper’s classic, fan-favorite sound

Kid Cudi dropped the hot new track “All In” on his Soundcloud with little warning April 15. While unexpected, “All In” is a welcome surprise that resembles the artist’s earlier work. The tune comes as a follow-up single to “The Frequency,” Cudi’s smooth, hypnotic collaboration with producers Mike Dean and Plain Pat.

First announced by Jaden Smith on Twitter, “All In” reintroduces fans to Cudi’s original sound. The single features the classic, relaxed beats and calming melodies of Cudi’s first album, “Man on the Moon,” released in 2009. Cudi creates a cool yet alluring vibe by enveloping listeners with his distinct, atmospheric sound. In his unmistakable croon, he sings of a tough relationship and his desire to remain devoted and dedicated.

As Cudi’s first track produced with Mike Will Made It, “All In” successfully delivers a fresh, cleaner take on the “Man on the Moon” sound. While Cudi recently released a new album, “Speedin’ Bullet 2 Heaven,” it does not live up to his initial work’s thoughtful and crisp feel. The album focuses more on a blend of psychedelic rock and punk, rather than hip-hop. By contrast, “All In” reflects Cudi’s hip-hop roots and showcases his unique style.

Following the critical flop and commercial underperformance of “Speedin’ Bullet 2 Heaven,” Cudi has managed to redeem himself with the release of this single. It is also rumored to be an introduction to an upcoming album.

If “All In” is any indication of Cudi’s current artistic direction, fans and casual listeners alike should be excited. By recalling his “Man on the Moon” prime, Cudi reminds dedicated fans of his heartfelt, captivating sound, and he will attract new listeners with his fresh beats.