Dec 09, 2016

NEWS

Law School faculty has highest average salary

Medical School receives more operating sources than any other department

nslawschoolmbronfin

The Law School faculty had the highest average salary of any department, with an average of $135,471.1 across the 191 faculty members.

The University’s School of Medicine received more operating sources than any other department during the 2015-16 fiscal year.

The School of Medicine had $359,281,086 in operating sources, which was 32.5 percent of the total operating sources for the University’s 10 schools.

These operating sources are collected from areas such as tuition, fees, grants, contracts, gifts and supplemental funds supplied by each respective school.

Graphic by: Thomas Rochman

The School of Medicine employs the most faculty members — 2,540 — with an average salary of $81,111.

University Deputy Spokesperson Matthew Charles said in an email statement that the University’s compensation philosophy “emphasizes the University’s investment in staff and faculty and recognizes that their talent is our greatest asset.”

With nearly half of the College’s faculty to be replaced by the 2018-19 year, salaries need to be competitive in order to attract the best faculty possible, according to documents from Cavalier Connect.

Most of each school’s expenses were associated with personnel services and financial aid, but the schools are also investing in new technologies and programs. The Engineering School’s portion of the University’s annual fund, for example, will go toward expanding its graduate student population from 600 to 900 students in the next 10 years.

Published April 3, 2016 in News