Women's basketball travels to Clemson

Mason and Huland El lead Cavaliers of late

<p>Junior guard Aliyah Huland El has stepped up as of late, chipping in double figures in three-straight ACC games.</p>

Junior guard Aliyah Huland El has stepped up as of late, chipping in double figures in three-straight ACC games.

What: Virginia (12-5, 1-3 ACC) vs. Clemson (11-7, 0-5 ACC)

Where: Clemson, S.C.

When: Thursday at 7 p.m.

The Skinny: The Cavaliers will look to build on their first conference win when they travel to South Carolina to face Clemson Thursday.

After dropping the first three of its ACC matchups in close games, Virginia finally got in the win column with a victory against Boston College Sunday. Scoring balance has been key to the Cavaliers’ success this season. Three starters reached double figures in scoring against the Eagles, including senior guard Breyana Mason. Catching fire, Mason went 8-for-9 from the field for 19 points.

After starting the season on an eight-game win streak, Clemson has scuffled in ACC play, losing its first five matches. The Tigers’ most recent loss came in the form of an 86-27 lashing from Florida State. They will be looking to rebound big at home against the Cavaliers.

Virginia took down Clemson 65-48 at home last year in the only matchup between the teams.