Women's tennis looks to bounce back with weekend matches

<p>Sophomore Meghan Kelley looks to continue her success against Syracuse and South Carolina this weekend.</p>

Sophomore Meghan Kelley looks to continue her success against Syracuse and South Carolina this weekend.

What: Virginia (1-2, 1-0 ACC) vs. Syracuse (1-3, 0-0 ACC) and Virginia vs. No. 21 South Carolina (4-1, 0-0 SEC)

Where: Charlottesville (Boar’s Head Sports Club)

When: Saturday, 9:30 a.m. and Sunday, 12 p.m.

The Skinny: The Virginia women’s tennis team will continue their homestand this weekend as they get set to take on ACC rival Syracuse and No. 21 South Carolina. Virginia will be looking to bounce back after two tough losses last weekend to Ole Miss and Wake Forest. However, this weekend Virginia will face two opponents hungry to pick up wins.

The Orange has lost three straight and will be motivated to pick up their second week of the season. The Gamecocks are one of the top teams in the nation and have had a dominant start to the season, with their only loss coming at the hands of Arizona State in a closely fought 4-3 loss. South Carolina will be looking to build on its strong start.

The match against the Orange will be the Cavaliers’ second conference match of the season, and they will be looking to remain undefeated against ACC foes, with their first coming against Boston College in the season opener.