Men's track and field takes 16th in NCAA Indoor Championships

<p>Senior Jordan Young led the way for Virginia, which placed 16th in the nation at the&nbsp;NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships.&nbsp;</p>

Senior Jordan Young led the way for Virginia, which placed 16th in the nation at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships. 

The Virginia men’s indoor track and field team finished with 12 total points in the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships this past weekend. Host team Texas A&M won the national championship with a score of 46, and the Cavaliers placed 16th overall in the nation.

Several Cavaliers placed well and provided points for the team. Senior Jordan Young finished third overall in the men’s weight competition. His best mark of 22.41m finished just behind Michigan junior Grant Cartwright and LSU senior Johnnie Jackson.

Junior Oghenakpobo Efekoro matched Young with a third-place finish in the men’s shot put. With a throw of 19.84m, he secured his place on the podium.

Freshman Jordan Scott also competed for the Cavaliers in the triple jump competition. Although he did not place in the top three, he did finish in the top 10 with a final best jump of 15.69m.

Virginia will now move onto the outdoor season for competition.