​Two teens arrested after armed burglary on Ivy Road

Suspects believed to have stolen items from nearby apartment

<p>Police found and arrested&nbsp;the suspects after they fled the crime scene.&nbsp;</p>

Police found and arrested the suspects after they fled the crime scene. 

Charlottesville Police have arrested two teenagers in connection with an armed burglary at a residential apartment March 26.

Police responded to a call around 9 a.m. on the morning of March 26 in the 2000 block of Ivy Road. Officers found a victim with non-life threatening injuries who was able to provide descriptions of the suspects and their vehicle.

“The victim is doing okay now I believe. I don’t want to call it minor injuries, but he was assaulted in the incident,” Police Lieutenant Steve Upman said. “He had lacerations and bruises to his face from the assault. He was treated at the hospital.”

In their investigation, the police located the suspects. Both of the suspects are juveniles from Fluvanna and Albemarle Counties. They have been charged with malicious wounding, breaking and entering, use or display of a firearm in commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a minor.

“The suspects had fled the scene before the police had arrived,” Upman said.

While police believe the teens stole items from an apartment, Upman said he could not disclose any information as to what was taken.

“The investigation is still pending,” Upman said. “They did take some items from the apartment but it’s part of the pending investigation.”

Students and faculty received emails and text messages notifying them of the crime because the University’s Emmet-Ivy parking garage and athletic complexes are located close to Ivy Road.

Both suspects are being held at the Blue Ridge Juvenile Detention Center.

Correction: The article previously misstated that Troy is a county in Virginia. Troy is located within Fluvanna County.