​Men’s lacrosse looks to snap ACC losing streak against North Carolina

Virginia gets ready for a Sunday night showdown

<p>Freshman attackman&nbsp;Michael Kraus scored three goals in Virginia's blowout win over Cleveland State Tuesday night.&nbsp;</p>

Freshman attackman Michael Kraus scored three goals in Virginia's blowout win over Cleveland State Tuesday night. 

Coming off of a dominating 20-7 win over Cleveland State in a midweek matchup, the No. 12 Virginia men’s lacrosse team will continue its homestand this weekend with a Sunday night showdown against ACC rival No. 19 North Carolina.

The Cavaliers (7-4, 0-2 ACC) have now won two games in a row and will be looking to extend their winning streak to three games as well as pick up their first ACC victory of the season. The Tar Heels (5-5, 0-1 ACC) have lost four of their last five games and will be looking to put together a win in order to build some momentum as the regular season comes to a close.

The Cavaliers will also be looking to end their regular season ACC losing streak which currently sits at 14 games. The last time Virginia won a regular season conference match was during the 2014 season when it beat Syracuse 17-12 at Klöckner Stadium.

Though Virginia is ranked higher than North Carolina at the moment, the match will be a huge test for the team. In addition to taking on an ACC foe, the Cavaliers will get an opportunity to take on the defending national champions. With only three games left in the regular season, the Cavaliers will try to use the momentum they’ve gained within the last week to help propel them towards a strong end to the season after a potential win Sunday.

Sunday’s match is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium. Virginia will then have a quick turnaround with its home finale against Robert Morris next Tuesday.