Some refreshing juice just around the Corner

A nutritious power snack in a central location

<p>I ordered the Tree Bowl, which was the blended base of acai, banana, mango and almond milk topped with blueberries, mango, strawberries and honey. I added granola.</p>

I ordered the Tree Bowl, which was the blended base of acai, banana, mango and almond milk topped with blueberries, mango, strawberries and honey. I added granola.

I had already had lunch when I was walking down the Corner, on the way to 1515 to do some work, when I decided I was still hungry. I was wanting something that would leave me feeling refreshed afterwards. A coffee wouldn’t suffice, but a full meal would be too heavy. I passed by Corner Juice, and figured something fruity would be the perfect post-lunch snack. 

I ordered the Tree Bowl, which was the blended base of acai, banana, mango and almond milk topped with blueberries, mango, strawberries and honey. I added granola — a decision I later appreciated, as the crunchy texture was necessary to balance the otherwise soft concoction. Served in a little to-go box, my order was perfectly portable to take to 1515. 

I’ll begin with my only negative comment. While very delicious, and certainly refreshing, it was not something that I could not more or less imitate at home. Of course, my homemade version would not have the aesthetic, nor the perfect consistency, because I do not know how long the blender should be on, how much of each ingredient should go into the blended base, etc. However, I feel as though I could create a similar flavor at home and save a lot of money. 

But I do have many reasons to advocate for eating at Corner Juice. First of all, the ease of having a perfectly crafted fruit dish prepared for you in about 50 seconds in the middle of a busy day is very convenient. I often do not have time to go home for meals or a snack if I forget to pack them in the morning, but I can usually squeeze in a quick trip to the Corner. 

Secondly, the flavor was rich. It was obvious that the fruit was very fresh, that only the best ingredients were used and that different flavors were carefully selected to be mixed. I can see myself craving Corner Juice in the future, not only for its convenience factor, but also for the taste itself. The granola sprinkled on top was divine, and I may go back in a few days to see if they sell the granola separately. It was sweet but not overwhelmingly so, and perfectly crunchy to counterbalance the texture of the blended base.  

Finally, the space inside the restaurant is very conducive for studying. The windows at the front let in plenty of natural light, and there is light chatter but nothing overwhelmingly loud. I think this is a very valuable aspect of Corner Juice, as students are often looking for places to do work without having to be in the rather intense library atmosphere. 

All in all, I would recommend Corner Juice for days when you are in a hurry and do not have time to go home and have a homemade meal, but still want something nutritious and filling. And most importantly, be sure to add granola to whatever order you make!