Albemarle elects McKeel, Palmer and Gallaway to Board of Supervisors

Callsen, Acuff and Paige elected to the Albemarle County School Board

<p>McKeel (left), Palmer (center) and Gallaway (right) were elected to the Board of Supervisors.&nbsp;</p>

McKeel (left), Palmer (center) and Gallaway (right) were elected to the Board of Supervisors. 

Albemarle County voters elected Democratic incumbent Liz Palmer to represent the Samuel Miller district on the the county’s Board of Supervisors Tuesday. Palmer won 68 percent of the vote, while Republican challenger John C. Lowry received 32 percent of the vote in the only contested election for a seat on the board. 

Democratic incumbent Diantha McKeel received 97 percent of the vote in an uncontested race for the Board in the Jack Jouett district. In the Rio district, Democrat Ned Gallaway also ran unopposed for a seat on the Board and received 96 percent of the vote. 

Voters elected incumbent Graham Paige to represent the Samuel Miller district on the Albemarle County School Board. Paige received 65 percent of the vote, while challenger Julian Waters won 34 percent of the vote while. 

In the Rio district’s school board race, Katrina Callsen defeated Mary McIntyre with 63 percent of the vote, while McIntyre received 36 percent of the vote. 

Incumbent School Board member Kate Acuff received 98 percent of the vote in an uncontested race in the Jack Jouett district.