Lockn’ Music Festival announces initial lineup with Dead & Co, Widespread Panic, Tedeschi Trucks Band and more

Lockn’ has served as the premier Virginia music festival for six years

Virginia deadheads rejoice! Lockn’ has announced its initial lineup, and it is huge. Lockn’ will be held Aug. 23-26 at Infinity Downs and Oak Ridge Farm in Arrington, Va., about 35 miles southwest of Charlottesville.

Dead & Company, the continuation of the Grateful Dead, will be playing four sets while headlining both Saturday, Aug. 25 and Sunday, Aug. 26 of the festival. This is only the second time that the band, featuring three of the four surviving Grateful Dead members, as well as John Mayer, Oteil Burbridge and Jeff Chimenti, has played at an American music festival. The first was Bonnaroo in 2016.

Other notable acts on the lineup is Widespread Panic, a southern-rock jam band from Georgia, which will be the headliner on Friday, Aug. 24. Tedeschi Trucks Band will be playing on Aug. 25 and 26 before Dead & Company. Rounding out the lineup is Sheryl Crow, George Clinton & P-Funk, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Moon Taxi, Umphrey’s McGee, Lettuce and many more.

This is the sixth year of the festival’s existence, which has been known as entirely Grateful Dead-inspired. It features attractions such as Garcia’s Forest, a late-night stage in the forest that plays nothing but the music of Jerry Garcia. Two Dead cover bands, Joe Russo’s Almost Dead and Keller Williams’ Grateful Gospel, will be playing as well.

Other attractions include the famous “Love” sign, hundreds of selections of Virginia craft beer, tubing, kayaking, yoga and camping. Three-fourths of the festival area — called Participation Row — where local activists will have booths to raise funds for charity and help festival-goers get involved in their community.

Advanced tickets are currently on sale, but selling out fast. Three-day passes are $259 and four-day passes are $299. In the past, the festival has offered single-day tickets as well.