Exams before noon Monday rescheduled for Thursday, Dec. 13

The University-wide email says Monday exams scheduled for 7 p.m. will start at 6 p.m.

<p>The University received several inches of snow over the course of Sunday.</p>

The University received several inches of snow over the course of Sunday.

Exams scheduled before noon on Monday, Dec. 10 will be rescheduled for Thursday, Dec. 13, according to a University-wide email from University administrators Sunday evening. Exams set for Monday at 7 p.m. have been rescheduled to begin at 6 p.m., the email added.

Charlottesville received approximately six inches of snow as of press time Sunday, slicking roads and coating sidewalks in ice.

In the email, three administrators — J.J. Davis, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Tom Katsouleas, executive vice president and provost, and Rick Shannon, executive vice president for health affairs — recommend that the University community “allow for extra travel time” when getting to Grounds.

“The University is working hard to make the streets and sidewalks safe but as always conditions can alter quickly, so please use appropriate caution,” the email reads. “Also, not all local roads may be clear in the surrounding counties, so as always be safe for your local conditions and if safety dictates you not come in, please inform the appropriate contact so a reasonable accommodation plan can be made.”

Students with conflicts or established travel plans, the email says, are encouraged to make a “reasonable accommodation” with their professors.

This is a developing story and may be updated.