Hoos in the NBA: Mike Scott heats up

Brogdon, Harris remain consistent scorers for their teams

<p>Mike Scott has come into his own in recent weeks with the 76ers, proving to be a pivotal part of the team.</p>

Mike Scott has come into his own in recent weeks with the 76ers, proving to be a pivotal part of the team.

Out of all the former Cavaliers in the NBA, Philadelphia 76ers forward Mike Scott was most impressive this week. His 22 point showing Saturday against Golden State was the highlight of the week. Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon also played very well. The Bucks, however, are in a two-game slump, despite being the first team in the NBA to clinch a playoff berth with their league-best 48-16 record. Brooklyn Nets guard Joe Harris had a decent week, and shooting guard and small forward Justin Anderson continues to play a reserve role for the Hawks.

Joe Harris - shooting guard, Brooklyn Nets

A week in review:

Harris had an average week, at least in comparison to his scoring as of late. In March, through four games, Harris is averaging 11 points per game, down from last month. Harris has maintained his efficient shooting this month so far, however, currently shooting an impressive 54.3 percent from the field. He was only 5-7 on Monday but still played an important role in leading the Nets to victory. Overall, Harris continued his solid play this week.

Games:

Wednesday, March 6 vs. Cleveland (W, 113-107): 9 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds

Monday, March 4 vs. Dallas (W, 127-88): 11 points, 2 assists, 2 rebounds

Saturday, March 2 at Miami (L, 88-117): 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks

Friday, March 1 vs. Charlotte (L, 112-123): 9 points, 2 assists, 7 rebounds

Malcolm Brogdon - point guard, Milwaukee Bucks

A week in review:

Brogdon only played in two of the Bucks’ three games this week and was sidelined with an injured foot Saturday against Utah. In the two games he played, Brogdon continued his excellent play. The Bucks have been struggling as of late, losing back-to-back games for the first time all season. Brogdon, however, remains a reliable scorer and will continue to be a valuable asset to the Bucks as the regular season progresses.

Games:

Monday, March 4 at Phoenix (L, 105-114): 19 points, 7 rebounds, 1 steal

Saturday, March 2 at Utah (L, 111-115): Did not play

Friday, March 1 at Los Angeles Lakers (W,131-120): 21 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds

Mike Scott, power forward, Philadelphia 76ers

A week in review:

Scott seems to have cemented his role in Philadelphia, and has been thriving since being traded by the Los Angeles Clippers. Saturday’s game against Golden State was a breakout game for Scott. He put up 22 points, shot 47 percent from the field and went 6-9 from three-point range. Many of the threes came towards the end of the game, keeping the 76ers in the game during their narrow loss. Scott has been shooting an outstanding 52.4 percent from deep since the All-Star break ended, which has been huge for Philadelphia. Stats don’t show his value entirely, though. Scott has been critical to the 76ers on the defense, providing physicality and fundamentals that stem from his days under the tutelage of Coach Tony Bennett.

Games:

Wednesday, March 6 at Chicago (L, 107-108): 8 points, 2 assists, 5 rebounds

Tuesday, March 5 vs Orlando (W, 114-106): 11 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steal

Saturday, March 2 vs Golden State (L, 117-120): 22 points, 0 assists, 4 rebounds

Justin Anderson - shooting guard/small forward, Atlanta Hawks

A week in review:

Anderson managed to get in during three of the Hawks’ four games this week. As seems to be the trend this year, he hasn’t been given many opportunities to play, but he has certainly been an asset defensively when needed. As of now, he remains a reserve, but continues to show flashes of brilliance.

Games:

Wednesday, March 6 vs. San Antonio (L, 104-111): Did not play 

Monday, March 4 at Miami (L, 113-114): 0 points, 1 steal

Sunday, March 3 at Chicago (W, 123-118): 2 points, 1 block

Friday, March 1 vs. Chicago (L, 161-168): 0 points, 1 assist