Week Two: Steady as She Goes

Many former Wahoos had solid, if unspectacular, performances this past weekend. For the Texans, Matt Schaub went 26 of 35 for 195 yards in a win at Jacksonville. Without a TD pass, he still stands one shy of 100 career touchdown throws.

Chris Long recorded his first three tackles of the season as the Rams defeated the Redskins 31-28. He’s still looking for his first sack of the season after a career-high 13.0 in 2011.

Heath Miller caught three passes for 19 yards and a touchdown in the Steelers win against the Jets. He now has 33 career TD receptions and stands just 67 yards short of reaching 4,000 receiving yards for his career.

After having a break-out performance last week in the season opener, Kevin Ogletree caught one pass for 26 yards in the Dallas Cowboys 27-7 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

Ronde Barber made four tackles as his Buccaneers were edged by the Giants 41-34. That put him at over 1150 tackles for his career.

Viking Chris Cook recorded a personal best of six tackles in his team’s 23-20 defeat to Andrew Luck and the Colts.

In baseball, third baseman Ryan Zimmerman saw his 16-game hitting streak snapped as the Washington Nationals were swept by the Atlanta Braves this past weekend. He is batting .284 for the year and reached 150 total HRs for his career last Wednesday.