(RSS)   Football Blog

Thursday Night Lights

10:20 p.m.TOUCHDOWN UNC, goodbye bowl hopes.

10:11 p.m.TOUCHDOWN UNC. Virginia has less than 12 minutes to scrabble to catch up.

9:55 p.m.UNC defense stymies Virginia, score remains at 20-13.

9:50 p.m. — Virginia offense takes the field.

9:34 p.m. — U.Va. field goal takes score to 20-13 in UNC’s favor

9:33 p.m. — U.Va. gets an early break in the second half, forcing a turnover.

9:28 p.m. — Sims starts second half.

9:05 p.m. — At the half, London is giving nothing away about the QB pick in the second half. “We’ll look at it closely,” he said. “We want to see who’s hot and who’s playing efficiently enough.”

9:04 p.m. — “We’ve just got to have that bend but not break mentality,” London said about the UVA defense at the end of the second quarter.

8:55 p.m. — With less than two minutes left in the second quarter, Sims needs to turn this around, but instead throws an incomplete pass.

8:43 p.m. — And Rocco throws an interception. UNC TD, 20-10.

8:37 p.m. — Moore misses a potential UNC field goal.

8:27 p.m.TOUCHDOWN U.Va.

8:18 p.m. — Sophomore Philip Sims, an Alabama transfer, in for Rocco, gains much-needed first down for Virginia.

8:02 p.m. — Virginia takes the field goal to grab three points, score at 7-3 with less than a minute to go in the first quarter.

8:00 p.m. — London does not look happy with that call. Unnecessary roughness on U.Va. resulting in a 15-yard penalty.

7:58 p.m. — For those of you watching the game from the comfort of your own home tune into see U.Va.‘s Glee Club.

7:54 p.m. — First down Cavaliers.

7:47 p.m. — TD North Carolina to make the score 7-0.

7:44 p.m. — The first time these two teams met was in 1892, making tonight’s game the 177th time the Tar Heels have met the Cavaliers in competitive play.

7:36 p.m. — Junior Michael Rocco takes the field. Coach Mike London has said again and again he’s committed to the “random” quarterback rotation that has developed in the last few games.

7.24 p.m. — Fireworks blaze in Scott Stadium. Hoos excited?

7:21 p.m. — Cavalier fans ready for tonight’s must-win game. The team cannot afford to lose another match if it wants to make it to a bowl this season.

Posted in Football Blog on November 15, 2012