Banner
(RSS)   Hoos4News

Election 2012: Decision Time

11:16 p.m. — They’ve called it. Another four years of Obama.

10:22 p.m. — Tim Kaine (D) projected to win the Virginia Senate race. — Kaz Komolafe

10:04 p.m. — With 60 percent of precincts in, Allen leads Kaine 51 percent to 49 percent. — Peter Nance

9:40 p.m. – Obama wins Charlottesville, 75.6 percent to 22.3 percent, though Romney still leads in Virginia 51.18 percent to 47.18 percent. -Jess Hrebinka

9:26 p.m. – After a majority of the Southern states were determined, Romney continues to lead in electoral votes 154-124, though most of the Western states have not been called. – Jess Hrebinka

9:10 p.m. — With 44 percent of precincts in Virginia reporting, Allen leads 52 percent to 49 percent. — Peter Nance

9:09 p.m. — Romney takes the lead 139-110 with South Dakota and Texas. Democrats take the lead in the Senate 39-38-1, though the Republicans still have the House 76-38. – Jess Hrebinka

8:54 p.m. — With 39 percent of precincts reporting, George Allen ® has the edge in Virginia 52 percent to 48 percent. — Peter Nance

8:42 p.m. — With 29 percent of precincts reporting, George Allen ® still holding steady at 53 percent to 47 percent — Peter Nance

8:33 p.m. – Obama takes Maine and Maryland, winning the electoral vote 65-51 over Romney. The Republicans are dominating the House 16-45. – Jess Hrebinka

8:24 p.m. — “100 years ago, people were in the streets campaigning just for their right to vote…it’s our duty out of respect for them [to vote],” Second-year Mary Harrington said.

8:22 p.m. – University alumnus Angus King (I-ME) wins the Maine Senate race. Political pundits expect King to caucus with the Democrats, since the Republican party has spent millions of dollars to undermine his campaign. But the former Law School student has not officially declared an allegiance to either party. – Jess Hrebinka

8:18 p.m. — With 14 percent of precincts reporting, George Allen ® leads the senate race 53 percent to 47 percent. — Peter Nance

8:17 p.m. – Obama takes the lead 51-40 with Massachusetts and Rhode Island. – Jess Hrebinka

8:10 p.m. — George Allen ® currently leads Tim Kaine (D) in the Senate race 52% to 48%. — Peter Nance

8:08 p.m. – Romney is leading the electoral vote 36-40. Republicans lead the Senate 32-38 and the House 11-20. – Jesse Hrebinka

7:22 p.m. — Exit polls show 52 percent of voters think the country is heading in the wrong direction, according to ABC. — Kaz Komolafe

7:12 p.m. — The first two states are in: Vermont for Obama, Kentucky for Romney. Mitt Romney leads the electoral vote 8-3 – Peter Nance

6:55 p.m. — Fifty-five percent of Albemarle residents have cast a vote this presidential election as of 4 p.m. — 4 percent less than the 2008 election – Kaz Komolafe

4.12 p.m. — Less than three hours left to vote. Polls close at 7 p.m. — Kaz Komolafe

1:45 p.m. — This year’s voter turnout in Albemarle County decreased by about six percent from the 2008 presidential election, according to the county’s numbers. At 1 p.m. 32,440 people had voted in Albemarle County, a turnout of 43.47%. — Kaz Komolafe

Follow Hoos4News for live updates from today’s elections, as well as coverage of watch parties taking place in Charlottesville.

Posted in Hoos4News on November 6, 2012

Subscribe to our email edition

Get The Cavalier Daily delivered to your inbox every morning.

Subscribe now!

Popular

Calendar:

• No events for tomorrow

• No events for Sun