(RSS)   The Word of Bond

Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

Hello Readers, Some of you may not know me very well, so allow me to introduce myself. My name is Corbin Bond, and yes I realize my last name matches that of a famous British agent. Here’s another fun fact, my first name comes from the Latin term “Corvus,” which means raven, hence my obsession with Poe and the word “nevermore.” Trust me that will explain a lot in the future. Anyways, I’m just your average student. That is if you like to use surface level analysis to truly understand people. In actuality, I like to consider myself many things other than average. In fact, once you get to know me, you might realize that I tend to find being “average,” or “normal,” to be vastly overrated. Now that that ice is broken, let me just say that one of my main goals is to converse with all of you over a few interests that you and I might share. First of all, I am a complete movie and book addict. I like escaping either into the celluloid of cinematic art or between the lines of a great work of literature. Furthermore, I love talking with people about them and sharing my reactions. Meanwhile, besides the books and films, I love to travel and find retreats all over the world. With so many people and wonders in the world, I cannot successfully deny myself from seeing them and telling everyone I meet all about these adventures. In addition, there are times where I definitely feel a necessity to speak my mind about specific happenings in the world. From the media and popular culture to random factoids about daily life, I have no hesitation with giving my honest opinion about things I witness in life. Finally, as I said earlier, I want to talk with you. I want to answer whatever questions you may have for me, and I would love to give whatever advice I can to help you. Here is where the fun begins. Not only do I want to converse with you, but I want to hear from you as well. You may want to read my reaction to a specific book or film. Then feel free let me know. If you know of a location that you think I should visit and experience, then by all means tell me so. Furthermore, if you want to discuss something going on in the world or in daily life, then I would love to hear your thoughts. Finally, if you have any questions, I have no problem with providing you with my best possible answers. Essentially, I want to show you how trying to be “normal,” or “average,” is nothing compared to being yourself, no matter how strange or different you are considered by others. Therefore, I am rebelling against the norms to be my full self with all of you. I may not be perfect or the best person. However, I give you my word – “The Word of Bond” – that you will get nothing but the honest opinions and words of a strange, unusual, different, and abnormal individual. In short, I want you to get to know me for me.

Your friend,
Corbin

Email: scb4t@virginia.edu
Youtube: Corbin007

Posted in The Word of Bond on April 16, 2013