(RSS)   Virginia Film Festival

Hello I Must Be Going

The performances of lead actors Melanie Lynskey and Christopher Abbott pull together the very tragically subtle story of Amy’s recent divorce and how she finds understanding through her relationship with nineteen-year-old Jeremy. The story in itself, while definitely offering a distinct look at both love and knowledge of the self, would not hold the strength that it does without the two leads, who bring humor in the most uncomfortably realistic of places. The film focuses especially on Amy, who had basically moved back in with her parents after her ex-husband cheated on her and then asked for a divorce. Her parents, however, were trying to find success in the rough economy by gaining the business of Jeremy’s stepfather, so when the two start to fall for each other, Amy finally finds herself in her mid-thirties and forced to learn to actually grow up. The story has strong, witty moments that contrast to the sad reality that is Amy’s life. I would recommend Hello, I Must Be Going because it has a voice of its own. 4/5 stars. – Annie Wilmer

More from Virginia Film Festival

Posted in Virginia Film Festival on November 3, 2012

• UVa_reader said:

This article should be required reading for faculty and students who rushed to judgment and used the RS article to unleash a torrent of unjustified criticism ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• Julie said:

“It is no secret that sexual assault is under-reported — both on college campuses and in the general population,” she said. Huh? So they decided ...
    on University will administer sexual assault climate survey

• CLAS93 said:

Chased from your home by a mob, subject to death threats, unable to go to class because your own instructors are so blindly biased -- this is U.Va.? We ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• current student said:

I would encourage you to read Mr. Robertson and Mr. Park's proposal (link is below), in which they explicitly mention that the most important part of ...
    on Honor officers propose facilitating single sanction changes

• Gordon Westerly said:

"They put themselves in a dangerous position by clearly hurting someone on a level that remains unclear and all the while operating a fraternity that ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi