Alexander R. Cohen

In summary

You may think you know what an honor offense is: It's a non-trivial act of lying, cheating or stealing, committed with dishonest intent.

The G word

GREED! Greed! It?s all the fault of greed! The two major presidential candidates agree, and you can hear the same complaint from other corners too.Sen.

Polling places

WHERE do you live? For many students, it?s a complicated question. In an election season, it?s a politically important question.In this election season and this state, it?s especially important, because conventional wisdom has it that Virginia might throw its electoral votes behind the Democratic candidate for the first time in years ? and that that candidate is very popular among college students.

Age is just a number

WHO OF the following is drinking responsibly: A 21-year-old who downs a fourth-year fifth, or an 18-year-old who has a glass of wine with dinner?Who can best guide you as you learn to drink moderately: Some guy standing over a keg at a party and filling cups as they?re shoved at him, or a trusted friend joining you at a quiet restaurant?These are not difficult questions.

Gold medal injustice

IF YOU used a fake ID to buy a beer last week, you may have had Olympian company: He Kexin, the Chinese gymnast who won gold on the uneven bars, is widely suspected of using a passport that misrepresents her age ? a fake ID prepared by her government in order to evade the requirement that Olympic gymnasts be at least 16 years old.

Covering the classroom

"IF CERTAIN departments are paid significantly more than others, it is legitimate to ask why. If a certain professor, administrator or coach is paid a very large or very small amount, it is worthwhile to ask if his performance has justified that salary." So said the Managing Board in its editorial explaining The Cavalier Daily's feature on faculty salaries.

Doing what The Post can't do

WHEN IT comes to national and international coverage, The Cavalier Daily cannot substitute for a newspaper that employs national and international correspondents.

More articles »