Losing her marbles: Rising YouTube star gains followers

New Internet sensations circulate cyberspace everyday, but YouTube personality Jenna Marbles is different. Think of pretty much anything you've ever found funny about daily life, and Jenna has a YouTube video mocking it. In short, I'm obsessed with Jenna, and I'm not alone. Her Feb. 1 video "What Girls Do in the Morning" had more than four million views its first week - now that's what you call going viral.

Jenna Marbles first hit the mainstream when her video "How to Trick People Into Thinking You're Good Looking" rocketed through Facebook and Twitter in July 2010. The video now has almost 36 million views. But Jenna was no one-hit wonder. No, this New York native was destined to make it big; she does have a master's degree from Boston University after all!

But why is it that viewers adore Jenna Marbles? First, she comes across as a real, genuine person. She has a job as a go-go dancer, which she mocks relentlessly - though she'd rather you called it "dancing in her underwear." She also has an apartment with her boyfriend and, at one time, a roommate she hated, which spawned a hilarious two-part saga titled "I F---ing Hate My Roommate." Finally, she has "real people" problems, such as finding use for her college degree in a struggling economy.

And it certainly doesn't hurt that she is extremely attractive. In all likelihood, a substantial portion of her two million subscribers only watch her because she is a size two with blonde hair and a very large chest region. Jenna realizes, and embraces, this. By embracing it, I mean she has posted videos about "How to Trick People into Thinking You Have Big Boobs" and "What I Would Have Done in Cancun," which consists of her running around her apartment in a skimpy bikini. She's hot, she knows it and we love it.

In a world where every uninteresting Tom, Dick and Harry thinks he's the next viral star, Jenna might be the funniest person out there making home videos in an otherwise average apartment.

Jenna's snappy editing, internal monologue technique and general ridiculousness have brought her into the YouTube Hall of Fame. She has covered topics ranging from the self-explanatory "What Girls Do When they are Drunk" to "Deep Thoughts with Ke$ha," in which she quite accurately impersonates the train-wreck diva, to "Oops, I'm in India," a superb performance including Indian locals and crazy squirrels. Her off-color wit and fantastic sense of humor have brought her undeniable cultural power. And her politically influenced videos such as "Cooking with Sarah Palin," which skewers the controversial political figure, hint she might have more serious aspirations for her future. For now, however, her uncanny brand of comedy is here to stay, and my Wednesdays are better because of it.

Log on every Wednesday when she updates, sit back and enjoy how freaking awesome she is.