Election results postponed

University Board of Elections officials cite high voter turnout as reason for the delay

The University Board of Elections delayed the announcement of election results Friday. The results were originally scheduled to be announced in Newcomb Theater at 4 p.m., but UBE chair Jessica Hassanzadeh, a fourth-year College student, sent an email to candidates at 3:20 this afternoon to announce that the event was canceled.

The results will be posted online at www.uvavote.com when they are available, and candidates will be notified via email. UBE hopes to post the results sometime during the weekend, Hassanzadeh said. Students who wish to receive a notification when the results are up can subscribe by emailing ubeelectionupdate@virginia.edu.

Hassanzadeh declined to comment on the cause of the delay, but in her email to candidates she cited “high voter turnout” as reason for the postponement.

This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they are available.

Published March 1, 2013 in FP test

• HallieJane said:

Dear Cavalier Daily: Where on God's green earth have you been. No one was in a better position to discover Jackie was lying - Was there a party that ...
    on Students produce video thanking Jackie

• NycCav said:

Honestly...I have refrained from commenting as the CD is for the students as far as I am concerned (as an alum), but please stop embarrassing yourselves. ...

• Pat said:

Letting outside reporters like TR Shapiro come in and do circles around the CD and its staff in its own backyard is one thing; being unable to even acknowledge ...

• Uva_reader said:

The students who produced this video need to familiarize themselves with the Honor Code, which calls for students who lie to be punished, not thanked. ...

• JG said:

Translation of William Evan's world view: "If its not something worthwhile and beneficial to me personally, I have no problem calling for its destruction ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: EVANS: Gleaning meaning