​First-year U.Va. student passes away

Rose Marie Randolph was a Jefferson Scholar, musician, softball player

Former first-year College student Rose Marie “Rosie” Randolph passed away April 8, according to an email sent to students from University Dean of Students Allen Groves Thursday afternoon.

Randolph was a Jefferson Scholar at the University and was from Front Royal, Va. She entered the University last fall after attending Portsmouth Abbey School in Portsmouth, R.I., but took a leave of absence during her first semester and did not return to the University prior to her death.

“A gifted musician and softball player, she had many other interests, including human rights, robotics, reading, and international travel,” Groves wrote in the email.

She is survived by her parents, Michael and Laura, her sisters, Bridget and Veronica and her brothers, Maximilian and Nathanael, as well as additional family members, friends and classmates.

She will be buried April 18 at Saint John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church in Front Royal at 11 a.m.