‘Truth’ doesn’t hurt

The Truth About Love, like most of Pink’s albums, is a collection of rowdy songs with enough enthusiastic beats, trashy lyrics and gentle cheesiness to make them perfect for singing along at an obnoxiously high volume.

As the first few songs play, it seems as though the singer’s sixth album will be her most subdued effort to date. But as the record continues, the profanity levels go up and the potential for shower-singing skyrockets. Tracks such as “Blow Me (One Last Kiss),” “Walk of Shame” and “Here Comes the Weekend” are perfect tunes to crank while getting ready for a night out or for driving along McCormick Road with the windows rolled down.

The Truth About Love is more of a carefree play than an emotional listen. The album’s vibe is similar to that of Pink’s previous hit singles “Get the Party Started” and “Raise Your Glass” and strays away from the slightly darker mood of 2006’s I’m Not Dead and 2008’s Funhouse. Although these albums did have their upbeat songs, such tunes were less prominent in the track lists than they are in this newest release.

The album’s best tracks include first single “Blow Me (One Last Kiss),” “Try” and “Walk of Shame.” “Try” is a mid-tempo tune about not being afraid of love and is one of the better-written songs on the album. “Walk of Shame” is one of those anthem-style songs many college students could find relatable (“I’m wearing last night’s dress / And I look like a hot *** mess / Although my hair looks good / cause I haven’t slept yet”)

Weaker tracks include “Slut Like You” and “The Truth About Love.” The title track is a cynical take on love that contradicts half the songs on the album, and “Slut Like You” is just a little too raunchy, even for Pink (“I got a little piece of you-hoo / And it’s just like woo-hoo/ Wham, bam, thank you, Ma’am”).

The album also features several high-profile guest appearances from the likes of Eminem, Lily Rose Cooper (formerly known as Lily Allen) and Nate Ruess (better known as the lead singer of Fun.).

The album is full of the usual cursing and inappropriateness — all in good fun, of course — Pink has become known for. But even more so than her previous efforts, it is nearly impossible to reach the end and not have one or more of the songs stuck in your head long past their final notes.