Virginia indoor track and field finishes strong

<p>Senior Henry Wynne&nbsp;finished second in the one-mile run for Virginia.</p>

Senior Henry Wynne finished second in the one-mile run for Virginia.

Virginia men’s indoor track and field finished the weekend strong and advanced to the NCAA Championships with a second-place finish in the ACC Championships this past weekend. The No. 15 Cavaliers had a great meet, finishing with 98 points and only behind Virginia Tech’s 109 team points.

The men’s team was highlighted with performances by senior Henry Wynne, who finished second in the one-mile run with a time of 4:01.26 as well as third in the 3,000-meter run. Behind outstanding efforts by junior Filip Mihaljevic and junior Oghenakpobo Efekoro, Virginia took away first and third in the men’s shot put, respectively.

Senior Jordan Young finished first in the men’s weight with a mark of 22.42 meters. Freshman Jordan Scott was a great asset this past weekend, helping Virginia place second with his first-place finish in the men’s triple jump.

Women’s track and field finished in tenth place with a score of 31 points. Senior Cleo Boyd was a standout, placing second in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 16:04.76.

Senior Christine Bohan continued her consistent performance in the shot put competition, finishing fourth with a throw of 16.29 meters.