Women’s basketball loses 103-66 at Notre Dame

The Cavaliers drop regular season finale

Junior forward Lisa Jablonowski matched her career high with 17 points Sunday against Notre Dame.

The Virginia women’s basketball team (11-18, 5-11 ACC) lost 103-66 on the road against Notre Dame Sunday afternoon at Purcell Pavilion. The game was Virginia’s regular season finale.

Junior guard Jocelyn Willoughby led the Cavaliers with 19 points, while junior forward Lisa Jablonowski equaled her career high with 17 points. Jablonowski also grabbed 10 rebounds, while Willoughby had nine.

Three Notre Dame players scored more than 20 points. Senior guard Arike Ogunbowale posted a game-high 24 points for the Fighting Irish, who won the regular-season ACC title with the victory.

Notre Dame opened the game on a 16-2 run and led 29-16 at the end of the first quarter. The Fighting Irish continued to build their lead in the second, going up 53-33 at the half.

Notre Dame outscored Virginia 30-14 in the third quarter. Their lead grew to as many as 46 points in the fourth (103-57), but the Cavaliers scored the last nine points of the game to narrow the final margin of victory.

Virginia gave up more than 100 points to an opponent for the first time since 2009 in a game against North Carolina.

The Cavaliers will play in the ACC Tournament Wednesday afternoon against Boston College. Tipoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. at the Greensboro Coliseum.