Cordel Faulk joins Law School admissions team

The Law School recently named 2001 alumnus Cordel Faulk as its new co-director of admissions.

Faulk, who started his post Oct. 1, worked for the admissions office as a law student.

"I fell in love with the job back then," Faulk said.

As admissions director, Faulk said he hopes to make the "nerve-wracking" application process as easy and painless as possible for applicants.

"When somebody calls this office, I want to make sure they feel respected and that their questions are answered in a respectful manner and that they're able to be calm while going through the process," Faulk said.

Faulk works with former classmates and fellow 2001 Law School alumni Jason Wu Trujillo, senior assistant dean for admissions and financial aid, and the other co-director, Jason Dugas.

"Cordel will bring his wise judgment, his mentoring nature and a love of people to this position - all desirable traits in a director of admissions," Trujillo said in a press release. "I have known Cordel since we were students together and very much look forward to working with him in his new capacity."

After graduating from the Law School, Faulk clerked for federal Judge Henry C. Morgan, Jr. of the Eastern District of Virginia. Later, he became an associate at Baker Botts in Dallas, Texas and Hunton & Williams in Washington, D.C.

Faulk most recently served as the University's Center for Politics' communications director. Before that, he taught at Virginia Tech as an adjunct professor.

-compiled by Bret Vollmer and Laura Hoffman