Charlottesville Police arrest suspect in connection to Rugby Ave. deaths

Gene Everett Washington charged with two counts of first degree murder

screen_shot_20141208_at_100518_pm

Charlottesville Police arrested Gene Everett Washington, age 30, Monday evening and charged him with two counts of first degree murder for the deaths of Robin Christine Aldridge and Mani Viktoria Aldridge. 

Charlottesville City Police Department

Charlottesville Police arrested Gene Everett Washington, age 30, and charged him with two counts of first degree murder Monday evening in connection with the Friday deaths of Robin Christine Aldridge and her daughter, Mani Viktoria Aldridge, ages 58 and 17. He will be held at the Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Jail with no bond.

The investigation is ongoing, and police may decide to pursue additional charges moving forward.

Police responded to a reported house fire at 1627 Rugby Avenue Friday, Dec. 5, and discovered the two victims’ bodies inside. The victims, who were residents of the home, appeared to have “suffered severe blunt force trauma.” Police released a statement labeling their deaths “homicides,” and reported the fire “appears to have been purposely set.”

Robin Aldridge’s light blue 2003 Toyota Matrix was stolen from the residence and later recovered at the Barracks Road West apartment complex. Police also seized a dumpster from the complex and searched it for evidence.

The Charlottesville Police Department will hold a press conference Tuesday.

related stories