Love connection: Walker and Erin

Good food and good company

lfwalkercourtesywalker

Walker’s Profile:

Year: 1st

School: College of Arts and Sciences

Major: Pre-Comm

U.Va. Involvement: Search and Rescue, Skeet Shooting, College Republicans

Hometown: Franklin County, Va.

Ideal date (physical attributes): Blonde, athletic, nice smile

Ideal date personality: Nice, sense of humor, fun

Ideal date activity: Dinner and a movie

Dealbreakers?: Smokes, rude, lazy

Describe a typical weekend: Hanging out with my hallmates, hiking, camping or getting overly hype about the Late Night events at the AFC. Also, going to Runk for brunch on Sundays.

Hobbies: Skeet shooting, hunting, working out, soccer

What makes you a good catch?: I'm a southern gentleman.

What makes you a less-than-perfect catch?: My license plate is BMWHoo

What is your spirit animal?: Deer

What is your favorite pick-up line?: I would say you're a dime, but Thomas Jefferson is on the nickel.

Describe yourself in one sentence: I am a southern gentleman, longing to improve the world and find love in the process.

Walker and Erin met in front of Poe’s room at 6 p.m. April 19 and then went out to dinner at Fig Bistro.

Erin: My friend and I just found out about Love Connection one night, and we signed up because we thought it would be funny.

Walker: I didn’t actually sign up for Love Connection. My friends did it for me. When I found out I was chosen, I started asking everyone on my hall who signed me up.

Erin: I guess I was kind of surprised because I know some people who have signed up and didn’t get a date, so I didn’t think I would either.

Walker: I had not been on a blind date before, so I didn’t know what to expect. I thought it would be a little awkward just because we didn’t know each other before.

Erin: I thought it would be really awkward because I’m not very good at meeting new people, especially in a situation like that.

Walker: I asked her where she wanted to go, and she wasn’t sure, so I asked if she wanted to head towards the Corner. We decided to try a restaurant neither one of us had eaten at, so we picked Fig.

Erin: The food was really good, and he paid, too, which was clutch. He seemed really nice.

Walker: She was really nice, kind of quiet. The conversation was pretty balanced, but there was a lot of silence too.

Erin: I guess the conversation was pretty balanced. It was a little bit awkward. There were a few breaks in the conversation. It was just kind of hard to find things to talk about, but it was balanced. It’s just a weird situation to be put in. But we asked a lot of “get to know you” questions. We talked about the basics: family, friends and what we are involved in here.

Walker: We found out that we both like hiking and live in Old Dorms. We both also play IM sports here.

Erin: We both live in Old Dorms! We also both played soccer in high school. I’m friends on Facebook with a girl he knows. I don’t know if that really counts as having something in common, but I did know who she was!

Walker: It was more friendly than flirting.

Erin: It was definitely more of a friend vibe. I would definitely say hello if I saw him. We could definitely be friends in the future, I just don’t see us dating.

Walker: I could see us hanging out as friends.

Erin: We both live in Old Dorms, so we walked back together. We got to my dorm, and he asked for my number, and that’s how the date ended.

Walker: I would give the date an 8!

Erin: I would give it a 7! It was a fun and interesting experience. Definitely glad I did it!

related stories