Reports: student missing, man wanted

NBC29 News reported late last night that a manhunt is underway for William Ashby, a Georgia man who is wanted in conjunction with an apparent homicide on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Augusta County. A car Ashby allegedly stole in Georgia was found abandoned on the Blue Ridge Parkway, along with a dead body. Authorities believe Ashby is currently driving a beige four-door 1996 Toyota Corolla that belongs to a University student who has been reported missing, NBC29 reported.

The Augusta County Sheriff's Office could not confirm the identity of the dead body as of press time.

According to Augusta County officials, the Federal Bureau of Investigation is working in conjunction with the Charlottesville Police Department on the investigation. According to a press release from the Augusta County Sheriff's Office, Ashby is wanted in Georgia for attempted murder and armed robbery.

Savannah, Ga. news station WTOC11 reports that the Effingham County, Ga. Sheriff's Office has issued a warrant for armed robbery, aggravated assault with a firearm, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and criminal attempt to commit murder. WTOC11 reports that the warrant was issued in conjunction with the shooting of Georgia convenience store employee Waynetta Toler.

Ashby is a 37-year-old white male with brown hair and brown eyes who is about six feet tall and weights approximately 195 lbs. He is considered armed and "extremely dangerous."

Anyone with information related to this matter is urged to call the FBI or the Augusta County Sheriff's Office.