Producer of "An Inconvenient Truth" to visit Charlottesville

A producer of "An Inconvenient Truth" will visit Charlottesville next week as part of a nationwide tour to encourage students to take action against global warming.

Laurie David, producer of the controversial documentary featuring former Vice President Al Gore, will speak at the Charlottesville Pavilion on the Downtown Mall April 19.

According to Charlottesville Pavilion Marketing Director Tami Keaveny, the Charlottesville presentation will include video and music about global warming and a performance by Robert Randolph & The Family Band.

Keaveny added that Grammy winner Sheryl Crow will attend other performances on the tour but will not be present at the Charlottesville presentation.

Publicist Briele Douglass said the tour is targeted at college students.

"They started this tour to really urge college students to get involved because they hold a lot of power," she said.

In a press release, David stated that college students have been the driving force for change in the past.

"Now -- more than ever -- is the time for students across the country to become global warming activists," she stated.

-- compiled by Kacie Varriale