Letter from the Editor

Valentines's Day: Couples worry about the perfect romantic dinner and singles resign themselves to forgetting Cupid's favorite day of the year. This day of love can be one of the most stressful holidays, and the previews for the movie Valentine's Day playing incessantly on all the major networks makes this holiday hard to forget.

Valentine's Day seems determined to stuff every A-list actor - and Taylor Swift? - into one film. And it's supposed to be this weekend's blockbuster, although Avatar continues to rake in box office gold.

Perhaps the only threat to Valentine's Day is the family-friendly action movie Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Based on the wildly popular Rick Riordan book of the same title, The Lightning Thief is sure to appeal to teenagers looking for a fun, fast-paced flick. Starring Uma Therman as a visually-stunning Medusa and Pierce Brosnan as a wise centaur, this movie is a must-see for anyone interested in Greek mythology.

Poor college students, however, might want to forgo the theater and rent a movie from Clemons instead. tableau recommends (500) Days of Summer, now out on DVD. Or if you're looking to drown the weekend in what is truly not a love story, albeit the somewhat bizarre, Lost might be a better choice.

No matter how you feel about Valentine's Day, tableau has the perfect combination of movies, music and television shows to spice up your weekend.