Nonstop explosions, heart-racing songs, powerless women and a complete lack of plot - these elements of the stereotypical horror film are nowhere to be found in the thrilling new romantic horror flick Let Me In. Instead, director Matt Reeves delivers a mind thriller more potent than the acclaimed Inception. Although the point of most horror movies seem to be little more than "shock value," Let Me In aptly harnesses the elements of the horror genre to form an intricate plot filled with romance.

Let Me In is a remake of the 2008 Swedish horror film Let the Right One In, which garnered praise itself. Both films are based on the 2004 eponymous Swedish vampire novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist. Despite the small gap in time between the original and remake, Let Me In should be considered one of the most successful movie re-workings in recent history. The film beautifully carves a story that captures the essence of Lindqvist's book, and yet it still maintains distinct differences from the 2008 film.

The film illustrates the love story of Owen, a bullied 12-year-old boy, and Abby, a bloodthirsty vampire in the body of a 12-year-old girl, played brilliantly by Chlo