Welcome class of 2019

The Class of 2019 will bring an estimated 3,694 new students to the University. Of these, 2,870 will be entering the College, 631 the Engineering School, 72 the Nursing School, 71 the Architecture School and 50 the Curry School. Slightly more than two-thirds — or 2,870 students — come from in-state.

According to data collected by the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment, 43 percent of incoming students come from minority backgrounds and 33 percent are financial aid recipients. University Dean of Admission Gregory Roberts said the University tries every year to form a diverse first year class.

“The Office of Admission has established an extensive outreach and engagement program designed to identify strong students from underrepresented backgrounds and encourage them to consider the University as their college home,” Roberts said in an email. “We host tens of thousands of students and families on Grounds throughout the year, introducing them to UVA and describing the many wonderful programs and opportunities available to our students.”