Burrito Theory returns to Grounds

Restaurant joins Crossroads offerings

<p>The new restaurant has joined Sbarro, GrilleWorks and Java City on the first floor of O’Hill Dining Hall.</p>

The new restaurant has joined Sbarro, GrilleWorks and Java City on the first floor of O’Hill Dining Hall.

The Crossroads Food Court and Convenience Store recently added Burrito Theory to its food lineup.

The new restaurant has joined Sbarro, GrilleWorks and Java City on the first floor of O’Hill Dining Hall. The burrito joint replaced Pao’s Panini, which offered soup, salads and hot and cold sandwiches.

“Burrito Theory was a concept that was open at Pav XI prior to its current renovation,” Nicole Jackson, Aramark district marketing manager, said in an email statement. “It was a meal plan member favorite, and we’ve been waiting to reopen it on Grounds since the renovation — we just had to find the right space.”

Jackson said student demand for Burrito Theory brought it back in time for the beginning of the fall semester.

First-year College student Paige Washko said the Crossroads location is advantageous for students living on Grounds.

“This one is kind of central to everywhere I go, so it's really convenient to get to,” Washko said.

Crossroads keeps its doors open well into the night, closing at 2 a.m. Monday through Saturday and at midnight Sundays.

Despite the late hours, Crossroads employee Jerome Harris said Burrito Theory’s food is fresh.

“Everything is diced and sliced and cooked freshly every morning,” Harris said. “By 11 o'clock we open and everything is fresh.”

The menu offers a burritos, burrito bowls and burrito salads. Their “Signature Burrito” sells for $6.99, cheese quesadilla for $5.99 and chips for $1.29.

Jackson said the eatery “fits a culinary need” on Grounds.

“[I come to Crossroads] when it’s really late at night and there’s nowhere else to get food and I’m starving,” first-year College student Brittney Ogbonna said. “[Burrito Theory is] not as good as I thought it would be. But … when you’re hungry at 2 a.m., its pretty good.”

Meal Exchange hours seem to be the busiest for the eatery, Harris said. Students can take advantage of the meal exchange program from 9 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Sundays.