RECRUITING WATCH: Football lands commitment from four-star linebacker Sunday night

Class of 2021 four-star guard also takes official visit to Charlottesville

flag

Virginia had a big recruiting weekend including a commitment for football and an official visit for men's basketball.

Courtesy Virginia Athletics

Shortly after Virginia football’s win against Florida State, Brandon Williams — a highly-ranked recruit out of New Orleans — committed to the program during his first official visit to Charlottesville.

Williams is Virginia’s second four-star commit in the 2020 class, joining cornerback Bud Clark. Both Williams and Clark are top-15 prospects from Louisiana.

Williams is rated as the overall No. 20 outside linebacker in the 2020 class according to 247 Sports, and inside the top-300 overall recruits in the nation on both ESPN and 247 Sports.

Williams joins a strong 2020 recruiting class, which now has more four-star recruits than in the previous four years combined.

In other recruiting news, men’s basketball also had an official visit by Class of 2021 four-star guard Trevor Keels. The Virginia native is ranked inside the top-40 recruits on ESPN, 247 Sports and Rivals. As of now, Keels has offers from a number of teams, including Maryland, Villanova and Georgetown, and is drawing interest from other top-tier basketball schools, such as North Carolina.

related stories