Shots fired incident reported on 700 block of Walker Square

No injuries were reported and no suspect description was provided

Upon arrival at the scene, officers searched the surrounding area and found shell casings in the 800 block of West Main Street.

The Charlottesville Police Department responded to a shots fired incident Thursday at approximately 10:54 p.m. on the 700 block of Walker Square, per a community alert sent by Timothy Longo, chief of the University Police Department and vice president for security and safety.

Upon arrival at the scene, officers searched the surrounding area and found shell casings in the 800 block of West Main Street. No suspect description was provided, and no injuries were reported.

This is the second community alert of May, following an aggravated assault incident May 1. 

Community alerts are shared via email to the University community when there is timely information about a threat that can be released to the community without compromising any ongoing investigations. 

The public may opt-in to receive emergency alerts by texting “UVA” to 226787.