Bruce Springsteen to perform free concert Tuesday

399pxbruce_springsteen__roskilde_festival_2012

Bruce Springsteen is set to perform a free concert Tuesday at 2 p.m. at the nTelos Wireless Pavilion in support of the Barack Obama campaign.

The Obama for America-hosted-event is part of the campaign’s effort to turn out voters across Virginia.

“I’m here today because for thirty years I’ve been writing about the distance between the American dream and the American reality,” Springsteen said during a recent appearance in Iowa. “I’m here because our vote is one of the principle ways we get to determine that equation, we get to close that distance. Voting matters, elections matter.”

A slate of unnamed local elected officials will join Springsteen as part of the rally to mobilize voters to go to the polls the Nov. 6.

Tickets are still available on a first-come, first-served basis at the Charlottesville Obama for America offices on the Corner and on the Downtown Mall from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. Monday. The ticket purchase deadline was extended Monday afternoon. Tickets will now also be on sale from 8 a.m. the day of the performance.

Published October 22, 2012 in FP test, News

OPINION

• Maintain zero tolerance

The Office of the Dean of Students was right to revoke FOAs for fraternities who conducted hazing activities ...

• WHISNANT: The United States of oligarchy

Because preferences of elites and average voters sometimes line up, the bias of the political process ...

• Get SMART

The SMART Resolution is evidence that student leaders understand the problems of the community and can ...