Déjà vu all over again

The beauty of the script is that it starts as soon as it needs to start, always allowing just enough time for the opponent to win the game in the final moments or to tie the game and win the overtime. Against Virginia Tech Saturday, it was transition D and shot selection that caused the breakdown. A couple bad shots here, a few Hokie dunks there, and a 48-41 lead became a 54-54 regulation score, which became a 72-65 overtime loss. And, to dramatize the plot even more, there is always a second chance for Virginia to make things right. Saturday, it was two consecutive wide-open missed tip opportunities at the end of regulation for Virginia Tech that would have won the game. In the previous overtime loss to the Hokies, it was an open-rimmed three by Deron Washington at the end of overtime. In the overtime loss to Georgia Tech, it was a miracle flip shot by Sean Singletary to send the game to an extra period. Occasionally, there is a twist. Against Maryland, instead of granting the opponent a second chance, Virginia made a comeback of its own after going down double digits before the team predictably collapsed in the final minutes. But really, this is just a matter of semantics. It